Opens in a new window
Makes 6 servings
- ●1 slice white sandwich bread, crust removed and discard, bread torn into small pieces (about ½ cup)
- ●¼ cup Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- ●1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ●½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ●½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- ●2 pounds 85% lean ground chuck
- ●6 fresh pineapple rings (about ½-inch-thick)
- ●6 whole grain hamburger buns, split and toasted, if desired
- ●Optional toppings: ketchup, mustard, lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion
Preheat grill to medium-high. Mash bread with evaporated milk in a small bowl. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic.
Stir bread mixture into beef with fork or hands, gently mixing together. Divide meat into 6 portions and gently form into patties that are 4 inches in diameter and about ¾-inch thick. Using thumb or fingertips, press shallow indentation in centers of patties (this helps cook burgers evenly). Sprinkle both sides of patties with salt and pepper, if desired.
Place patties on grill and close lid. Grill for about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip patties and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness.
Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side or until heated through and grill marks appear. Place grilled pineapple on patties and place on buns. Add optional toppings.