CARNATION® Quiche Lorraine
- Chopped onion, shredded Swiss cheese and egg form a rich mixture for this Quiche Lorraine. Baked in a deep-dish crust and seasoned with pepper and nutmeg this is the perfect dish for a church supper, potluck or buffet, or slice thinly for an appetizer or side dish.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat. When bacon starts to turn brown, add onion. Cook until bacon is crisp; drain. Sprinkle cheese into bottom of pie shell. Top with bacon mixture. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl until blended. Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack before serving.