Quiche with Tomato, Basil and Garlic
- This savory Quiche with Tomato, Basil and Garlic is enhanced with sour cream and olives to create a tasty dish that is great for lunch, brunch or dinner.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) pie shell
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups fresh or canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Whisk sour cream, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup cheese, eggs, salt and pepper in medium bowl; pour into pie shell. Combine remaining cheese, breadcrumbs, basil and garlic in small bowl; sprinkle over sour cream mixture. Top with tomatoes and olives.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.