Puerto Rican Coconut Dessert
- A traditional Christmas favorite, this delectable chilled coconut pudding has a firm but shakable consistency. In Spanish it’s called Tembleque, which means “to shake.” Sprinkle cinnamon over the top just before slicing for a classic presentation.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-inch lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon powder for garnish
Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water in small bowl. Combine remaining water, evaporated milk, coconut milk, sugar, salt, lime peel and vanilla extract in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook on medium- high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken. Reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking, stirring vigorously, until mixture boils. Let boil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Discard lime peel.
Rinse 4-cup gelatin mold or 9-inch glass pie plate in cold water (leave a very thin film of water on inside of mold). Pour mixture into mold. Let cool. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight until set.
To Unmold: Run point of knife around top of mold. Dip mold into large pan of warm water for 15 to 20 seconds. Lift from water. Place serving platter on top of pan. Invert mold and platter together. Shake slightly to loosen. Gently remove mold. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder before serving.
Note: Can serve in individual dessert dishes instead of mold.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.