Pear Oven Pancake
- No need to prepare this pancake with a griddle. Softly ripened pears and cinnamon paired with a creamy custard-like base make a tender and flavorful combination for indulging your guests. Bake in the oven and then dust with a sprinkling of powdered sugar for a sweet finishing touch.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 450º F.
Pour melted butter into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or cake pan. Swirl to coat bottom and sides of plate.
Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt in medium bowl. Whisk evaporated milk and eggs in another medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; whisk for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pie plate. Arrange pear slices on top of batter in pinwheel design, pushing down slightly. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle top with sugar mixture.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.