Party Potatoes Italiano
- Party Potatoes Italiano are a breeze to make and the perfect entrée or side dish for large gatherings. Dinner guests will be delightfully surprised by the flavorful Italian flair and delicious creamy taste.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Place tomatoes in a strainer set over a bowl. Let juice drain for 15 minutes; reserve juice. Toss drained tomatoes with bread crumbs in medium bowl; set aside for later use.
Combine hash browns, sour cream, cheese, soup, evaporated milk, oil, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and reserved juice from tomatoes in large bowl. Spread potato mixture evenly into prepared dish. Sprinkle tomato mixture over top.
Bake for 1 hour or until bubbly at the edges. Sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley before serving.