One-Dish Fiesta Casserole
- The flavors from South-of-the-Border come together in this great One-Dish Fiesta Casserole. Succulent chicken, creamy rice and zesty veggies are the main attractions. It’s a well-rounded meal that’s perfect for that next potluck party. Right before serving, top with a dollop of sour cream and colorful avocado slices for a little extra festive flair.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup mild, medium or hot salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (14 to 16 ounces) frozen Southwest-style vegetable blend: broccoli, corn, black beans and red peppers, thawed
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) cooked turkey or chicken, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine evaporated milk and condensed soup in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth. Add salsa and black pepper; mix well. Add vegetables, turkey and rice; mix well. Cover dish tightly with foil.
Bake for 35 minutes. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Combine sour cream with water in small bowl. Drizzle over casserole. Top with avocado slices just prior to serving.