Moroccan-Spiced Chicken & Rice Bake
Moroccan-Spiced Chicken & Rice Bake is a tasty variation that combines cumin, paprika, diced tomatoes, raisins and a touch of lemon juice to create some amazing flavors that are commonly found in Morocco and North African cuisine. Your family will truly enjoy this taste experience. The brown rice adds some great whole grain goodness.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 6 cups cooked long or medium grain brown or white rice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 6 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds (optional)
Preheat oven 375º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine cumin, salt, black pepper and paprika in small bowl; sprinkle 2 teaspoons spice blend on both sides of chicken thighs.
Heat olive oil and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet; cook for 4 minutes per side or until browned.
Meanwhile, combine cooked rice, evaporated milk, tomatoes, raisins, lemon juice and remaining spice blend in large bowl. Pour rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Place chicken thighs on top of rice mixture.
Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.