Mexican Hot Chocolate Shots with Spicy Foam
- For a decadent treat, try a shot of this sweet chocolate drink given a kick with spicy cayenne pepper. So rich and creamy, this hot beverage can be served as dessert!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) * NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Ground cayenne pepper (optional)
Pour 1/2 cup evaporated milk into medium mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl.
Heat remaining evaporated milk, water, morsels, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Do not boil. Set aside.
Remove chilled evaporated milk from freezer. Beat on high speed for 1 minute or until very frothy. Add remaining vanilla extract, remaining cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Continue beating for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture forms soft peaks.
Pour hot chocolate into eight 4-ounce demitasse cups and immediately dollop with foam topping.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.