Mango Napoleon with Sweet Curry Cream
- This mouth-watering recipe features layers of puff pastry, sweet curry cream and fresh mango slices. The stunning presentation will delight friends and family.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 sheet or 1/2 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 2 mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups), divided*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Cut puff pastry sheet into three strips along fold marks. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Split each rectangle into 2 layers, making 24 pastries.
Sprinkle gelatin over 3/4 cup evaporated milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Stir with wire whisk over low heat for 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in 3/4 cup mango slices, sugar, vanilla extract and curry powder. Pour into blender; cover. Blend for 5 seconds or until smooth. Pour into small bowl; place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened but not set.
Pour remaining evaporated milk into medium mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes or until light and frothy. Stir mango gelatin and add to whipped milk. Continue beating for 1 minute or until mixture is thick and fluffy. Makes 3 cups.
To assemble: Place one pastry rectangle on dessert plate. Spoon 2 tablespoons cream on pastry; top with a few mango slices and another pastry. Spoon another 2 tablespoons cream onto second pastry; top with a few mango slices and third pastry. Repeat with remaining pastries, cream and mango slices. Dust each with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately along with extra cream.