Mango Napoleon with Sweet Curry Cream
- This mouth-watering recipe features layers of puff pastry, sweet curry cream and fresh mango slices. The stunning presentation will delight friends and family.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 sheet or 1/2 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 2 mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups), divided*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Cut puff pastry sheet into three strips along fold marks. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Split each rectangle into 2 layers, making 24 pastries.
Sprinkle gelatin over 3/4 cup evaporated milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Stir with wire whisk over low heat for 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in 3/4 cup mango slices, sugar, vanilla extract and curry powder. Pour into blender; cover. Blend for 5 seconds or until smooth. Pour into small bowl; place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened but not set.
Pour remaining evaporated milk into medium mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes or until light and frothy. Stir mango gelatin and add to whipped milk. Continue beating for 1 minute or until mixture is thick and fluffy. Makes 3 cups.
To assemble: Place one pastry rectangle on dessert plate. Spoon 2 tablespoons cream on pastry; top with a few mango slices and another pastry. Spoon another 2 tablespoons cream onto second pastry; top with a few mango slices and third pastry. Repeat with remaining pastries, cream and mango slices. Dust each with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately along with extra cream.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.