Guilt-Free Crème Brûlée
- Only 140 calories makes this a truly Guilt-Free Crème Brûlée! This is perfect for impressing guests. Add a dollop of whipped cream or a sprig of mint to dress up this plate. This “gluten free” recipe was developed using products either labeled as “gluten-free” or likely to be gluten free based on the ingredients typically listed on the products’ labels. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that any non-Nestlé product in this recipe is gluten free. We recommend reading all product labels thoroughly, checking with the food’s manufacturer for gluten content if the product is not labeled as “gluten free,” and being careful to keep gluten-containing ingredients away from the recipe ingredients and recipe preparation area.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons light brown sugar
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Whisk evaporated milk, egg substitute, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt in medium bowl until mixed. Pour mixture evenly into six, 6-ounce ramekins. Place ramekins in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour boiling water into baking pan to a depth of 1-inch depth (about halfway up sides of ramekins).
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until gently set in centers. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Preheat broiler. Blot tops of crème brûlées with paper towel. Sprinkle one teaspoon brown sugar over each crème brûlée. Place on baking sheet with sides. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat for 5 to 6 minutes, rotating pan once, watching closely, until sugar is melted and caramelized. Alternately, tops can be caramelized using a kitchen torch. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until topping hardens (do not refrigerate longer than 1 hour or topping will start to soften).