Golden Sunrise French Toast
4 to 5 servings
- Golden Sunrise French Toast will be a treat your family will love! The golden crisp goodness of this hearty morning favorite is made with thick-sliced French bread infused with a hint of vanilla and topped with fresh seasonal fruit - then drizzled with maple syrup for the perfect start to a special morning.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 10 slices (3/4-inch-thick) firm, day-old French bread
- Unsalted butter
- Maple syrup
- Fresh seasonal berries or sliced fruit
Heat large skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Beat eggs in shallow pan or large pie plate; whisk in evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Whisk in sugar, flour and salt. Add several slices of bread; soak without over saturating.
Swirl 1 tablespoon butter in hot skillet. Remove bread from batter, allowing excess batter to drip off; transfer prepared bread to skillet in single layer. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over; cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately with syrup and berries. Continue with remaining bread slices, adding 1 tablespoon butter to skillet for each new batch.