Golden Pound Cake
- While pound cake is named after the original weight of its ingredients—a pound each of flour, butter, sugar, and eggs—most modern recipes do not follow these measurements. Traditionally baked in a loaf pan, this tender, fine-textured cake has many flavor variations, including lemon, orange, and coconut. This delectable version is scented with mace and topped with chopped nuts. For a special touch, dust the top with powdered sugar just before serving.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mace or ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and mace in medium bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Pour into prepared loaf pan; sprinkle with nuts.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.