10 to 12 servings
- Enchilada-zagna has layers of corn tortillas, creamy cheese sauce, moist chicken and diced green chilies that make this Mexican-inspired dish a delight.
- ●2 to 3 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small pieces (about 3 cups), divided
- ●1 can (28 ounces) or 2 cans (15 ounces each) mild red enchilada sauce
- ●1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded cheddar cheese
- ●1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, undrained
- ●1 package (12 tortillas) 7-inch corn tortillas
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine enchilada sauce and sour cream in medium bowl. Combine evaporated milk, cheese and chiles in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture on bottom of prepared baking dish. Layer with 4 tortillas, 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture, 1 1/2 cups chicken, 1 cup cheese sauce; repeat layers one more time, starting with tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce mixture and cheese sauce. Cover with foil.
Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover; cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.