Crispy Oat Crusted Fish Fillets with Carnation Tartar Sauce
- Try this healthy take on breaded fish the next time you have an urge for something fried. Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk serves as an incredibly versatile ingredient in this dual recipe for the breading and tartar sauce. Cooking the fish on the stove makes this perfect for everyday. Evaporated milk along with light cream cheese, relish and vinegar in the tartar sauce complements this fish dinner.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen (thawed) white fish fillets (such as tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges
Beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup evaporated milk in small mixer bowl until creamy. (Save remaining evaporated milk for the fish). Stir in relish, vinegar, salt and pepper. Store refrigerated in covered container for up to 4 days. Makes about 2 1/2 cups of tartar sauce.
Combine remaining evaporated milk and egg whites in shallow dish. Combine oats, garlic powder and paprika in medium bowl. Dip fish fillets into evaporated milk mixture, coating both sides and then into oat mixture. Press oats gently onto both sides of fish to form crust. Place coated fillets on baking sheet. Discard evaporated milk and oat mixtures after dipping.
Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Thicker fillets may take longer to cook.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.