Creamy Vanilla Bananas
- Creamy Vanilla Bananas is a delicious Guatemalan dessert that combines the sweetness of fried bananas with a creamy vanilla sauce and a finishing touch of cinnamon. Enjoy it with Guatemalan coffee or a scoop of ice cream for a unique banana split.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 10 ripe bananas, peeled, fiber removed, divided
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 5 bananas; cook until golden brown on all sides. Place on large serving platter or casserole dish; keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and bananas.
Combine evaporated milk, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla extract in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
Pour sauce over bananas. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve warm.