Creamy Carnation® Tartar Sauce
20 servings, 2 tablespoons each
- Create homemade, rich and creamy, yet calorie-conscious tartar sauce your family will love. Made with Carnation Evaporated Fat Free Milk and light cream cheese instead of the traditional mayonnaise base, this recipe will become a staple in your refrigerator.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup evaporated milk in small mixer bowl until creamy. Stir in relish, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover; refrigerate for up to 4 days. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.