Opens in a new window
This baked 'omelet' has a golden brown edge and a firm texture. Cheddar cheese, mushrooms and red bell pepper make this Confetti Frittata a hearty meal or a great side dish for a family meal!
- ●8 large egg whites
- ●4 large eggs
- ●1 1/3 cups (3.2-ounce envelope) dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- ●2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ●2 cups (about 6 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- ●1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ●2 medium sliced green onions
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease 10-inch oven-proof skillet.
Combine egg whites, eggs and dry milk in medium bowl; mix thoroughly. Stir in cheese, mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, salt and black pepper. Pour mixture in prepared skillet.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
FOR A LOWER-FAT FRITTATA:
Substitute two 8-ounce cartons of egg substitute and 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese for egg whites, eggs and cheddar cheese.