Cinnamon-Vanilla Sauce with Fresh Fruit
- This creamy, smooth Cinnamon-Vanilla Sauce with Fresh Fruit recipe is perfect to serve anytime. Try it as a starter, or use as a dessert, too.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups assorted fresh fruit (apples, bananas, grapes, mangoes, papayas, peaches, and/or strawberries)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
Combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon sticks in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and slightly thickens. Remove from heat and remove cinnamon sticks; stir in vanilla extract. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until well chilled. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Arrange fruit in dessert dishes. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.