Churro Banana Frozen Treat
7 servings, 2/3 cup each
- Churro Banana Frozen Treat is a non-dairy alternative to the ice and cream combo we know and love. Frozen bananas get blended together with almond milk, cinnamon, ground cardamom, salt and sweetened with dates. Serve right away as soft serve or save for later, re-freeze and scoop with an ice cream scoop. This treat can be enjoyed with more ground cinnamon, a drizzle with honey, and a garnish of shaved Mexican chocolate.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk 11 oz
- 6 medium bananas, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick
- 6 to 8 pitted, soft medjool dates
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Honey, for drizzling
- 1/4 tablet (90 grams each) shaved NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink
Store banana slices in a resealable plastic gallon-sized bag. Freeze the bananas until they are completely frozen, 3 to 4 hours.
Place dates and almond milk in food processor or blender container; allow to soften for 10 minutes. Add frozen banana slices, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Cover; blend until smooth, scraping occasionally. If mixture is too thick, adjust the consistency by adding some more almond milk. If the mixture could be more sweet, add a few more dates and season to taste. Serve right away as soft serve or place in an airtight container to freeze and scoop out with an ice cream scoop when ready to serve. Make about 5 cups.
Serve in bowls, dust with ground cinnamon, drizzle with honey and garnish with shaved Mexican chocolate.