Chili Cornbread Pie
10 to 12 servings
- This recipe is quick and easy to assemble. Just pop in the oven and enjoy time with your family while dinner is baking. A classic combination in one dish! The quick and simple chili base with cornbread topping is sure to please kids and parents alike!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 packet (1.4 ounces) chili seasoning or taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) no-salt added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, drained (optional)
- 2 boxes (8.5 ounces each) dry corn muffin mix
- 2 large eggs
- Sliced avocado, salsa and/or sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Cook turkey in large skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili seasoning, tomato sauce, corn, beans, 3/4 cup evaporated milk and chilies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Combine corn muffin mix, remaining 3/4 cup evaporated milk and eggs in medium bowl; stir until just moistened. Spread mixture over meat filling.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.