Cheese Grits Casserole
6 side-dish servings
- Cheese Grits Casserole makes an excellent alternative as a side dish to serve with meat, chicken or fish. This easy-to-make recipe takes less than 1 hour to prepare and has a delicious flavor.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup quick grits
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; slowly stir in grits. Cover pan; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cups cheese, evaporated milk and butter to saucepan; stir until cheese and butter are melted. Add eggs, hot pepper sauce and pepper; stir well. Pour into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.