Cheddar & Chive Mashed Potatoes
8 servings, 1/2 cup each
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 6 (about 2 pounds total) medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or green onions
Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
Return potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk and butter. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in cheese and chives. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.