Opens in a new window
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 cups NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 cup heavy cream
- ●6 large eggs, at room temperature
- ●1/2 to 1 1/2 cups bourbon, rum, cognac or a mix of all (optional)
- ●Freshly grated nutmeg and/or whipped cream, for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs until homogenous. Set side.
In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, warm sugar, evaporated milk and cream over medium heat, until just about to boil. Slowly whisk the warm milk into the eggs, then return the mixture to the saucepan over medium heat.
Stirring gently, cook for 2-3 minutes, until thickened (mixture should reach 160°F). Remove from heat and serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and stir optional liquor into cooled eggnog prior to serving. Top with grated nutmeg and/or whipped cream to serve.
* For best results, store cooled eggnog in a re-sealable container for 24 hours before serving.