Best-over Ham & Pesto Pasta
- Have some extra ham from the holiday meal? Then try this delicious blend of ham, pasta and vegetables in creamy pesto sauce. This dish is so good, you’ll never think of this meal as leftovers.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 box (12 ounces) dry tri-color rotini or spiral shaped pasta (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded Italian cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons jarred or refrigerated pesto with basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables to boiling pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Return pasta and vegetables to cooking pot.
Meanwhile, combine evaporated milk, cheese, pesto and black pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
Pour cheese sauce over pasta and vegetables. Add ham; stir until combined.