1 (8.5 inch) loaf
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●3 bananas, ripe
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ●1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk (Tetra)
- ●2 large eggs
- ●3/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8.5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Mash bananas. Set aside. Leave some small chunks if desired.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Combine melted butter and sugars in a large bowl. Mix until well combined, then stir in the vanilla, evaporated milk, and eggs. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the mashed bananas. Then gently stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until a knife pulls out clean from the center of the loaf.
Cool loaf in pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then remove loaf from pan and continue to cool on rack until room temperature.
*Batter could also be used to make 10-12 Banana Muffins. Bake muffins at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins are cooked through completely. **Leftover bread will last up to 3 days if wrapped properly or placed in a food storage container.