Apple Corn Meal Pancakes
8 to 10 pancakes
- Apple Corn Meal Pancakes are a tasty and wholesome variation that your family will really enjoy trying. Yellow corn meal and CARNATION Evaporated Milk add some great flavor dimension. Serve warm with maple syrup.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup (1 medium) peeled, finely chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Maple syrup or applesauce
Combine corn meal, apple, honey and salt in medium bowl. Slowly stir in boiling water. Cover; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder and cinnamon just until blended.
Combine egg and evaporated milk in small bowl; add to corn meal mixture. Spoon 1/3 cup batter for each pancake onto heated, lightly greased griddle or skillet; cook for about 1 minute or until bubbles appear. Turn; continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with maple syrup.