Almond Waffles with Honey Lemon Syrup
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk 11 oz
NET 11 fl oz (325 mL)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, separated, at room temperature
- 1 carton (11 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Heat honey, almond butter, zest and lemon juice in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until warm and almond butter is melted in. Makes 2/3 cup.
Preheat waffle maker. Spray waffle plates well with cooking spray.
Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, almonds, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
Beat egg white in small bowl by mixer or by hand with whisk until thick and hold soft peaks, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Combine egg yolk, almond milk, sugar, almond and vanilla extract in medium bowl until smooth. Add flour mixture; mix until smooth. Gently fold in butter, then whipped egg white until combined.
Follow waffle maker’s instructions for amount of batter to spread into waffle iron, about 2/3 cup. Cook until waffles are golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. For each batch, additional cooking spray may be needed.
Serve warm with drizzle of warm Honey Lemon Syrup.