Tiny Chocolate Cakes and Fruit Kabobs
A fun dessert that's great for a crowd.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 24 bite-size pieces pound cake
- 24 bite-size pieces fresh fruit or berries
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 3 tablespoons or more granulated sugar
Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in a medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip cake pieces into chocolate mixture; shake off excess. Place on prepared baking sheet; drizzle tops with additional chocolate. Refrigerate until set. On skewers, alternately thread chocolate coated pieces of cake with pieces of fruit; refrigerate.
Puree strawberries and sugar in blender until smooth. Serve with kabobs.