Surprise Sweet Taco Treats
- Surprise Sweet Taco Treats are perfect when you are looking for a quick ice cream dessert. Paula Marchesi of Lenhartsville, PA created this colorful, tasty ice cream treat that uses waffle ice cream bowls, chocolate ice cream dipped in NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels and topped with colored, flaked coconut, walnuts, whipped topping and cherries. A 1st Prize winner sure to please kids of all ages!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 2 cups chocolate light ice cream, softened
- 1 3/4 teaspoons water, divided
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 6 waffle ice cream bowls
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 maraschino cherries
Place 1 cup morsels in shallow bowl. Drop scoops of ice cream into morsels and roll to coat. Place on baking sheet and freeze until firm. (May be done in two batches.)
Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons water and green food coloring in a large, resealable plastic bag. Add 1 cup coconut. Seal bag and shake to coat evenly with color. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon water and yellow food coloring in a small, resealable plastic bag. Add remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Seal bag and shake to coat evenly with color.
Place ice cream balls in waffle bowls. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup morsels and walnuts. Sprinkle with green coconut. Top each bowl with a tablespoon of whipped topping. Sprinkle with yellow coconut and remaining 1/4 cup mini morsels. Top with cherries. Serve immediately.