Snowday Cookie Shovels
- Snowed in? Make these too-cute cookie shovels! These fun Snowday Cookie Shovels are a great indoor activity for moms and kids to share together during the snowy winter season.
Refrigerated Cookie Dough
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 16.5 oz
NET WT 16 1/2 oz (1 lb 1/2 oz) 467 g
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 12 pretzel rods, broken in half
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- White decorator sprinkles or sugars, sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease three baking sheets.
Break dough along pre-scored lines. Place 8 squares of cookie dough about 3 inches apart onto each prepared baking sheet. Insert broken end of pretzel rod into each square of cookie dough; flatten dough slightly to form a rectangle. Flatten each square slightly with fingers to form a rectangle, about 1 1/2-inches long by 1 1/4-inches wide. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately pat sides of each shovel with edge of knife to form straight sides. Cool on baking sheets for two minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Line cooled baking sheets with wax paper.
Microwave 2/3 cup morsels and shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Dip bottom 1-inch edge of each cookie shovel in melted morsels; scraping bottom of shovel along edge of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheets. Immediately sprinkle dipped end of each shovel with remaining 1/3 cup morsels, mini marshmallows and sprinkles. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Store shovels between layers of wax paper in covered containers at room temperature.