NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Spicy Party Mix
40 servings, 1/3 cup each
- Salty, sweet and spicy best describes this delicious party mix.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks 11.5 oz
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups pretzel nuggets
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1 package (6 ounces) sweetened dried cranberries
Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Pour nuts into boiling water. Boil for 1 minute; strain. Pour nuts into large bowl. Add sugar and oil; stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise and with edge of knife, scrape inside of bean into a large bowl. Add spices to bowl; combine well and set aside.
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Bake nuts, stirring often, for 30 to 35 minutes or until nuts are light brown and crisp. While still warm, carefully pour nuts into spice mixture and toss. Spread spiced nuts in a single layer on clean, large baking sheet with sides. Cool completely.
Pour cooled nuts into large bowl. Add pretzel nuggets, chunks and cranberries; mix well. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Makes 10 cups.