- Mocha Shortbread gets an update from the classic preparation with the addition of cocoa and coffee. Try this spectacular and delectable holiday bread as is or use it as an extra special garnish with ice cream.
- ●1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●4 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Combine flour and cocoa in large bowl. Combine coffee granules and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Add butter, ½ cup sugar and salt; beat until combined. Add flour mixture; mix just until incorporated. Press dough into ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch-round cake pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until firm. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes; cut into wedges.