Mini Morsel Shortbread Squares
- These crisp, chocolaty squares make a noteworthy addition to any party or holiday tray. They mix up in one bowl and bake in 30 minutes. Delicious straight out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A true favorite!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1 cup mini morsels. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake for 30 to 33 minutes or just until top is light brown. Immediately sprinkle with remaining 1 cup morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.