Milk Chocolate Panna Cotta with Pistachio Sauce
- Panna Cotta, or “cooked cream” in Italian, is a silky, eggless custard. Typically flavored with caramel, this version is flavored with our milk chocolate morsels. Waiting for them to chill is the hardest part! The pistachio sauce is really easy to make and adds an elegant flourish to this dessert.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels 34.5 oz
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) or 2 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup (1 scoop) vanilla light ice cream, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios or toasted almonds (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
Spray six custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup milk in small bowl; let stand for 2 to 3 minutes to soften gelatin slightly.
Whisk cream, remaining 1/2 cup milk and sugar in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Whisk gelatin mixture into cream mixture until dissolved. Stir in morsels until melted.
Pour mixture into prepared custard cups. Cover; refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
Combine melted ice cream and pistachios in small bowl. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
To unmold, run a small knife around top rim of each ramekin, then dip 3/4 in hot water for about 30 to 40 seconds and pat dry. Place dessert plates over custard cups; invert and shake gently to loosen. (If panna cotta does not release, you may need to run small knife around top rim again. A darker layer on top of inverted panna cotta is okay!)
Invert onto serving plates. Serve with Pistachio Sauce.