Inside-Out Chocolate Strawberries
24 to 36 strawberries (2 to 3 dozen)
- Taste true indulgence with this recipe for Inside-Out Chocolate Strawberries. The perfect pairing, these luscious strawberries, filled with a smooth, chocolate cream cheese mixture, are enchanting pieces of heaven. A delightful start to an afternoon brunch or the finishing touch to an elegant dinner party, these classy strawberries will steal the show at any springtime gathering.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 24 to 36 medium strawberries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Remove stems and part of inner parts of strawberries to form a small bowl. Cut a sliver off of bottom of each strawberry so that strawberry will stand on end; discard slivers.
Place morsels and cream in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir until creamy. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Let cool slightly.
Place cream cheese and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat until creamy; beat in chocolate mixture.
Place cream cheese mixture in large pastry bag with star tip or spoon into gallon-size heavy-duty plastic bag with a 1/4-inch-wide opening cut at one corner. Pipe mixture into strawberry cups, filling cups completely and then mounding mixture on top of each strawberry. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. For best flavor, consume within 24 hours.