Individual Chocolate Espresso Soufflés
- These decadent but delicate Chocolate Espresso Soufflés have a slightly creamy center, a hint of coffee flavor and they are easy to make!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa 8 oz
NET WT 8 OZ (226g)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray eight 6-ounce custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
Combine cocoa, water and coffee granules in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Cook, whisking frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add to cocoa mixture; stir until smooth.
Beat egg whites and a pinch of salt in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold one-fourth of egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly. Pour mixture into prepared cups, filling 3/4 full. Place on baking sheet.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out moist but not wet. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.