Individual Chocolate Espresso Soufflés
- These decadent but delicate Chocolate Espresso Soufflés have a slightly creamy center, a hint of coffee flavor and they are easy to make!
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●1/2 cup hot water
- ●3 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- ●2 tablespoons butter
- ●3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ●2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ●4 large egg whites
- ●1/8 teaspoon salt
- ●Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray eight 6-ounce custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
Combine cocoa, water and coffee granules in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Cook, whisking frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add to cocoa mixture; stir until smooth.
Beat egg whites and a pinch of salt in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold one-fourth of egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly. Pour mixture into prepared cups, filling 3/4 full. Place on baking sheet.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out moist but not wet. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.