Dipped Peppermint Sticks
- Dipped Peppermint Sticks feature chocolate and mint flavors combined in a tasty, handheld treat. Traditional peppermint sticks, dipped with chocolate and decorated with white morsels, are perfect for gift giving or a festive holiday treat.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- ●1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- ●2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- ●8 peppermint sticks or candy canes, unwrapped
Line baking sheet with wax paper.
Microwave semi-sweet morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 20 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Dip one end of each candy stick in melted chocolate, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
Microwave white morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 20 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag. Squeeze to drizzle over ends of already dipped candy sticks. Let stand until set. Insert each candy stick into a cellophane bag and secure with a twist tie or a ribbon. Store at room temperature.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.