Deluxe Toll House Mud Bars
3 dozen bars
- This Deluxe Toll House Mud Bars recipe is soooo easy to make. Chock full of morsels and nuts with a rich, chocolatey frosting.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels and nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 20 to 23 minutes. Remove pan to wire rack. Sprinkle with remaining morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars.