Decorator White Icing
10 servings (2 tablespoons per serving)
- More than simply sugar and water, this quick Decorator White Icing is flavored with creamy white chocolate and your favorite baking extract. Make up several colors for all your holiday decorating.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, almond, orange or mint extract
- Paste* or liquid food coloring (optional)
Microwave morsels and cream in medium, microwave-safe bowl uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Transfer to small mixer bowl. Beat in powdered sugar, butter and extract until smooth. Stir in food coloring.
Spread or pipe icing onto baked and cooled sugar cookies; decorate as desired. Let stand until icing is set. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
* Paste food colorings are available where cake decorating supplies are sold.