Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Candies
- Elegant and easy-to-prepare, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Candies are perfect for entertaining those special guests. A few grains of sea salt as a topping garnish creates a great flavor contrast with the dark chocolate. Store in a covered container in refrigerator.
- ●1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- ●3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- ●1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ●1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- ●Coarse sea salt
Place 30 (1-inch) paper liners on a baking sheet.
Combine peanut butter, sugar and butter in small bowl until well blended. If mixture is very soft, mix in an additional tablespoon of sugar. Shape peanut butter mixture into 30 1/2- to 3/4-inch balls flattening slightly.
Melt morsels and shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Spoon 1 measuring teaspoon of melted morsels into each cup. Place peanut butter filling onto top of melted morsels. Top each with a measuring half teaspoon of melted morsels. Sprinkle with a few grains of sea salt. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.