Dark Chocolate Crumb Bars
30 bars (2 1/2) bars
- Dark Chocolate Crumb Bars have great visual appeal and are a tasty choice for a special dessert. Easy to make and sure to please your family and friends.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
NET WT 14 oz (397 g)
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 OZ (283 g)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Combine 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
Stir nuts and remaining 2/3 cup morsels into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.