Dark Chocolate Crème Brûlée
- Treat yourself and your loved ones to the smooth chocolaty taste of this truly luxurious Dark Chocolate Crème Brûlée dessert. With a sophisticated combination of vanilla and rich dark chocolate and topped with caramelized sugar, this romantic indulgence is the perfect ending to a special evening.
- ●1 cup whipping cream
- ●1 cup half-and-half
- ●1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●4 large egg yolks
- ●1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ●6 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Place cream, half-and-half and vanilla extract in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
Whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large mixer bowl. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
Pour mixture through fine sieve into six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch depth.
Bake for 40 minutes or until custards jiggle slightly when pan is shaken. Cool custards in water until cool enough to handle. Remove custards from water; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap; continue to refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Preheat broiler. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over tops of each custard. Place custards on baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until sugar is melted and caramelized (rotate pan as needed to prevent burning). Alternately, tops can be caramelized using kitchen torch. Refrigerate for 2 hours so that the topping can harden and the custard can cool and set.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.