Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Torte
- Chocolate and raspberry combine for an elegant and festive 1st Prize winning dessert created by Jeanne Barnes of Milwaukee, WI. A rich almond crust is the perfect complement to the chocolate-raspberry filling and will be a tasty treat on your dessert buffet for any special occasion.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 10 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine almonds, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar and egg yolk in medium mixer bowl. Gradually add flour alternating with almond mixture. Form one third of dough into a ball. Press ball of dough between sheets of wax paper on metal baking sheet to 9-inch circle. Place in freezer. Press remaining dough on bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate approximately 30 minutes.
Stir jam and lemon juice together in small bowl. Melt morsels in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals stirring just until morsels are melted. Swirl chocolate into jam mixture. Spread over dough.
Remove dough circle from freezer. Cut into ten 3/4-inch wide strips. Use a knife to carefully place every other strip on top of raspberry mixture. Repeat with remaining dough strips, placing them crosswise to form a lattice appearance on top. Use a fork to press the ends of the strips into edge of crust.
Bake for 45 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar. Refrigerate for at least 3 1/2 hours or until well chilled. Remove side of tart pan and place on serving platter before serving.