Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1/2 cup candy canes, chopped
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- ●1/2 cup chopped candy canes
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Mix butter and sugars in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until light in color and homogenous. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup morsels and 1/2 cup candies.
Place tablespoon sized balls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies are set. Remove from oven and place sheets on cooling rack. Let cookies cool before dipping in glaze.
Make the glaze by microwaving 1 cup morsels and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper.
Dip one cookie halfway into chocolate; shake off excess. Place on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with chopped candy canes. Repeat with remaining cookies, chocolate and candy canes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until coating is set.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.