Chocolate-Filled Energy Bars
- Whether for an afternoon snack or a delicious treat anytime of day, these Chocolate-Filled Energy Bar cookies are packed with goodness-oats, raisins, walnuts and chocolate morsels! This recipe by Christa M. Feix, Wylie, TX is sure to be a winner in your family.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine oats, nuts and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in large bowl. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over mixture; stir until combined. Spread into shallow baking pan.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until oats and nuts are toasted, stirring once. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to large bowl. Cool completely.
Beat 3/4 cup softened butter in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, remaining granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; beat until mixture is combined. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until combined. Gradually add as much flour as you can with mixer; stir in remaining flour. Add oat mixture and raisins; stir until well combined.
Spread half of dough into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle morsels over top, pressing gently into dough. Dot remaining dough mixture on top of morsels.
Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Cool slightly on wire rack; cut into bars. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.