Chocolate Dipped Caramels with Sea Salt
- These beautiful chocolate-dipped caramels sprinkled with a hint of sea salt are the perfect hostess gift for your next party or holiday gift giving – sweet, salty and sophisticated, but a cinch to make!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1 package (5.5 ounces) about 25 pieces, soft & chewy rectangular caramels, unwrapped*
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Line baking sheet with wax paper.
Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted; cool slightly.
Dip caramel pieces, using a fork, into melted chocolate. Shake off or scrape excess chocolate against side of bowl. Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.