Chocolate-Coconut-Almond Truffle Cookies
72 cookies (6 dozen)
- Sure to please the chocolate and coconut lovers in your family, these cookies are easy to make and require no baking. Created by Diana A. Morrison of Long Beach, CA.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted
- 1 box (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 package (7 ounces or 2 2/3 cups) flaked coconut, divided
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup cream of coconut
Melt morsels in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Combine crushed vanilla wafers, almonds, 1 1/2 cups of the flaked coconut and powdered sugar in very large mixing bowl. Stir in corn syrup, melted morsels and cream of coconut until combined.
Shape into balls using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture. A small cookie scoop may be used to help shape these cookies, if desired. Roll in remaining flaked coconut. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.