Chocolate-Coconut-Almond Truffle Cookies
- Sure to please the chocolate and coconut lovers in your family, these cookies are easy to make and require no baking. Created by Diana A. Morrison of Long Beach, CA.
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted
- ●1 box (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- ●1 cup ground almonds
- ●1 package (7 ounces or 2 2/3 cups) flaked coconut, divided
- ●1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- ●3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ●1 cup cream of coconut
Melt morsels in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Combine crushed vanilla wafers, almonds, 1 1/2 cups of the flaked coconut and powdered sugar in very large mixing bowl. Stir in corn syrup, melted morsels and cream of coconut until combined.
Shape into balls using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture. A small cookie scoop may be used to help shape these cookies, if desired. Roll in remaining flaked coconut. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.