Chocolate Amaretto Bars
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, cut into pieces, softened
- ●1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ●4 large eggs
- ●3/4 cup light corn syrup
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ●1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ●1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- ●2 cups sliced almonds
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Beat flour, 3/4 cup butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until crumbly. Press into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Beat eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, cornstarch and liqueur in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir in almonds and 1 2/3 cups morsels. Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Place remaining 1/3 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over bars. Refrigerate for a few minutes to firm chocolate before cutting into bars.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.